'Trouble comes because of the Word', testimonies (5.2.10)

8:52 PM Posted by Unknown


from Christina -
I just thought I would update you on Shelby's condition. As you might remember, she was diagnosed with a rare form of bronchitis. The doctor gave her medication that she had to take for 10 days. After 4 days of taking the medication she said that everytime she would take the medicine her chest would hurt more. I decided not to give her the rest of the medicine and just continue to pray over her. I took her to the doctor this past Tuesday for a follow up and she was completely healed! Praise God for healing her! I was told that it was wrong to stop the medicine, but I felt in my heart that it was not helping, but hurting her. Sure enough, she is healed not from the medicine, but from God's will!
____________________________________________________________________________________

Other prayer results:
  • friend got headache while eating with us at a restaurant...Johnny prayed a couple of times, and it left
  • my co-worker had the beginnings of a migraine...her eyes got clearer while we prayed...I came back 30 minutes later, and she was back at her desk saying she felt good again...that used to be unheard of, as it always progressed from blurred vision to full-blown, debilitating migraines...not any more, Praise God!!
  • co-worker requested prayer for continued heart-burn...wasn't feeling it at the time and haven't gotten an update yet
  • prayed for a friend at life group...his pain left his thumb joints and circulation barely began to come back to his toes...awaiting full healing on that
  • had lots of things healed just within our family...like headaches, tummy-aches, etc...
  • right after I sent the testimonies about my back and Johnny's allergies, both of us had symptoms return. Scripture says that 'trouble comes because of the word'...whenever a word is sown, you can expect the enemy to bring trouble...he's got to get it while it's in seed form, or else it will overcome him.  This is the time to stand firmly on the word that God gave you and not let what you see or feel sway you.  He can't steal it unless you let him by putting faith in what's happening rather than in God's word to you.  You put him in his place, resist him and cause him to flee, by reminding him of the word...just like Jesus did.  We reminded the enemy of the truth, got our other life group to pray over us, and are restored.  Thank you Jesus!  You word cannot be thwarted when we hold fast to it!  
  • Funny, my conversations with even strangers go just like this now...'Hi, how are you?' ...'My back hurts.'....'Hi, I'm Amanda'....'I have high blood pressure'...literally.  Like at the convenience store I was letting my kids buy candy on 'candy day' this week, and the owner had some coconut m&m's at the counter.  I commented that I'd never seen any, to which he replied that they were new.  I asked if they were good, and he said, 'I don't know, I have diabetes and they have 26 grams of sugar.  My whole family except for my brother has diabetes.'  Of course the conversation would go like that...what did I expect, for him to give me a short 'no', like any other guy behind a counter?  So while I was considering if I was to pray for him, my 3 yr old says, 'mommy, can I have this?' (Pause...last week, remember the lady at HEB near the popsicles?  Well, on that same list of 'clues' was an old coke bottle...it was the first image God had given me during that prayer, and it was very clear.  I'd wondered why nothing ever came of it that day....Unpause) Right beside me was a tub of iced-down sodas in glass bottles...a variety of them, and the one that Chase was holding was a Coke...an old-timey glass Coke, just like the image.  So I turned to the man and asked if I could pray for him.  He, as usual, was very happy to have me pray for him (actually, he's Indian and I assume Muslim because his wife covers her head...but maybe they're not, I don't know...) but didn't realize that I meant right then. :) So I prayed for him and gave him my card, telling him to email me when he knows he's healed.  TBC
  • My uncle Butch had been having pain in his arm.  We (many people) prayed for his stress test to go well and show no heart trouble, which it did go well.  I had also prayed that any generational curses would be broken, since his dad had died from a heart attack.  Last I heard, he was still having the random arm pain, but said that one day his back and legs were healed!  I don't know if he'd been praying about that or not, but he'd been unable to ride horses or climb stairs without pain, and noticed that as he climbed the stairs at BSF that he'd been healed!  (I think I have my details right...daddy, you can correct me if this isn't right...)  Anyway, keep praying for his arm and thank You, Lord, for healing his back and legs!!
  • friend prayed with at church the other day for skin problems and anxiety...talked to her husband who said she's been doing better with both... still continuing to pray that through to completion, praise God!
  • As usual, there were many many prayed for, for things which would have no immediate evidence of healing...can't wait to hear back on those.
  • if you didn't watch the promo video, watch it!!!! You'll get that spurring on that many of you are wanting:)
  • When people ask where this all started for us...this link was a part of that:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezLi99_hOYg (Bill Johnson on the 700 Club)
  • more good links: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QE4Aao6MUQ&feature=related           Walmart treasure hunt...prefaced by good explanation
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N74j9ozVqsM&feature=related              Chad Dedmon's grocery store testimony


Stay tuned for testimonies of lost items found...God can fix even the little things! He knows where it is...ask Him!

0 comments:

Post a Comment