Elizabeth's pelvis/back, a work blessing and spirit of fear gone (4.2.10)

10:24 AM Posted by Unknown

This has been an extremely eventful week...lots of people prayed for but many were for things for which healing is unmeasurable until later.  There are also some, especially that Johnny has been praying with at work, that are ongoing, and at some point we'll get you those testimonies.

We did pray for a fever in Chase that left and also for Cole's nose...he's been saying that one side has been stopped up since he was 6, but I guess I've just not really believed him.  However, I checked and sure enough, his right nostril on the inside definitely looked more closed!  So I prayed for that to open, and it did barely, but about 30 minutes later at the dentist he said, 'Mom, I can breathe!'  I actually haven't looked at it since to see if it looks open... 

Unfortunately I'm yet unable to share with you the account of another gloriously divine appointment with my dear friends that led to the spiritual and physical deliverance of one of my former students on Sunday evening.  We've requested he write his testimony to be shared, and he is praying about it. 

Today I headed back to the home of my friends in order to drop off a few things, and I ended up revisiting with them the circumstances of my son Chase's fevers the last two early mornings (one of which he was healed of in an hour, and the other we ended up giving him Motrin for, after which he was normal all day).  They really ministered to me about not operating out of fear, about not carrying an oppressive responsibility toward the results of prayers for healing(bearing the burden),  about guarding myself and preparing for the attacks that will come from the threatened enemy, and especially about resting in God's heart, power, and the finished work of Christ as well as resting physically...the very thing that the Holy Spirit had already ministered to me in two other ways today...laboring to rest in Him.   At one point in their ministering to me (just sweet, encouraging conversation), I began to feel sick.  Within one minute, I went from totally normal to pale, hot, clammy, light-headed, dizzy, nauseated, with a pressurized haze filling the upper part of my head and ears and a dry mouth with a metal taste.   I kind of slid down to my knees and just got very emotional, almost crying, but mainly just inhaling and exhaling deeply.  This was a response to a spiritual truth that I'd heard, and my friends immediately started praying over me.  Specifically I recall hearing words about fear being gone, and I think that I was being delivered from a spirit of fear.  Now that's one that I would not have expected to have a problem with because God has really been making me bold for Him, yet I knew that this morning's healing with my son was hindered because I began to fear the fever (rather than let it do its work), fear for my baby, fear a break in our 'healing-record', fear the opinions of those who already have disbelief toward healing.  I was praying out of desperation rather than out of God's peace.  I've recognized this many times before and try to keep it in check, but I am believing that God's truth over this has truly, miraculously set me free!   After they prayed, I was back to normal within a few minutes.  I'm continually amazed at how God catches me unaware daily and steps in to overwhelmingly reveal His goodness.

Here's some of your testimonies from the last week or so:

from Kevin C...Michael D and our group had prayed for him about several things, including work..."Thank you for your prayers last night!  Today I went to talk to an account with a Goal in mind, granted... It was a long shot, and then the Lord showed up. They did not just say yes, they doubled their order!!!! PRAISE GOD!!  Keep asking and keep believing!!" 

from Elizabeth W - "Two years ago when I was more interested in physical fitness than spiritual fitness I fractured my right pelvic bone while running intensive intervals on concrete. At first it was just a stress fracture but months went by and it was still causing me pain. An MRI revealed it wasn't healing but the doctor couldn't tell me why. In January of 2008 I stepped in a hole on the horse farm where my daughter took lessons and broke the fracture completely. This was very discouraging but I was told that this was the best thing that could happen and that the blood from the break would help speed healing. I asked for prayer and sought the Lord for an answer on why this was just going on and on. I was afraid I would never run again or completely heal. After long months of physical therapy I was finally well and even able to resume many of my former activities, including skiing. This past November 2009 during the first snow flurries I was moving potted plants and greatly irritated several disc in my lower back. The disc problem was discovered during my exams for my pelvic injury and because I had favored my left hip over my right during recovery I now had a very bad situation with my lower back. The pain quickly became intense and it was impossible to move around or put on my shoes or pants without help. After 4 months of more physical therapy I was still not well. The pain was less but even a sneeze put me right back in a back brace. I had been reading the New Testament along with Christian fiction about themiracles of Jesus and it occured to me that when Jesus healed someone they were healed entirely , not just a little better or maybe for a period of time. His healing is absolutely complete without any compromise. I decided that I had had enough of the back pain and further I was tired of being afraid of what might happen if I moved improperly or sneezed too hard. On Sunday the 21st of March I went to the altar after church and prayed in agreement with Pastor Dale and Barbara for healing in my lower back and sciatic nerve. The prescence of the Holy Spirit was so strong! I did not do flips or feel a surge of power but there was a warmth and an overwhelming feeling of peace. I was able to bend forward without pain and walk normally; no more old lady shuffle! Pastor told me to not only give thanks to the Lord but also to tell everyone what the Lord has done for me! My two daughters were the first to hear the good news. I know that I don't have to worry about whether or not I will get hurt again. Jesus knows His name and nothing that happens can change His glory and power. I am pain free with the exception of stiff muscles that come at the age of 40. I will continue to do my daily stretching for my back and general health and never stop thanking the Lord for His mercy and goodness! He is faithful and loving and the past couple of years have been a wonderful journey with Him leading me toward a stronger spiritual life and a deeper understanding of faith and trust in our Father. Thank you for allowing me to share with you the wonderful news of my healing. Praise the Lord for His abundant goodness!"


Johnny and I prayed for our neighbor Leticia for a fifth blockage in her heart to open, for the incision to remain closed, and for healing from diabetes...(TBC)


Comment below with your own!!  If you have prayed for someone, no matter how small it seems, please comment me the account.  Also, if anyone has prayed for you, please tell of that also and testify to any healing, change, blessings, renewal...whatever!  I continually hear parents say that they've begun pray for their children, expecting healing, and they are healed.  Please comment these written accounts!  It so spurs others on!!!  The enemy wants you to keep silent, because the testimony defeats him!  Don't let him trick you into keeping silent!!!  Tell of God's excellent greatness!


"When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.  I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling.  My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power,  so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."  1 Corinthians 2:1-5



"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place."   2 Corinthians 2:14

0 comments:

Post a Comment