Love covers - the gas station and the neighbor (4.19.10)

2:35 PM Posted by Unknown


The gas station appointment - a spiritual/emotional healing testimony

from Johnny - 
I stopped at a gas station the other day, and I was trying to punch my pin number/mileage in while talking on the phone.  A car pulls up on the other side, and a guy gets out and comes around to me and starts pleading for money while smelling like alcohol.   I told him to wait until I could give him my full attention.  So I got off the phone and listened to what is a familiar story.  I lost my job, wife left me I need some money anything will help.  I said why don't you let me really help you.  He started telling me this story and included what sounded like horrible abuse by his mother.  He said he just left her the most hateful message he could muster up with the last battery life on his phone .  Through the course of the conversation I was using some scriptures and he was finishing them.  It turns out he knew the bible pretty well.  His face lit up as he told me how he was happy for  a period in his life when he was serving the Lord.  He could not understand why everything was so bad now.  I told him he needed to find bottom.  If these events set him on the right course then in one million years he would appreciate them.  He agreed.  I told him that God had a plan just for him before he laid the foundation of the earth and He also caused us to meet up.  He said things like "man you don't understand what you are saying...How did you know that"...I did not feel like it was any info that any person couldn't deduce from just talking to him but I could tell the Holy Spirit was speaking to his heart.  He was so encouraged.  I also told him that if he does not forgive his mother, he can expect worse.  I explained how we are commanded not only to forgive but to love on top of that.  I told how the Holy Spirit enables us to supernaturally forgive people who do awful things.  He really wanted to tell me what she did so I would quit telling him he needed to forgive her.   He eventually agreed that he would forgive his mother first.  I prayed for him several times.  He had been in contact with a pastor and had a church to go to for additional support.  I don't think anyone ever expressed the Father's heart toward him before.   He keep asking me "do you really think I could fulfill my destiny?"   He tried to give me the money back three times, and that has never happened to me before.



Neighbor dispute/relationship healed...the peace that truly passes all understanding 

I hope I have these details right but you will get the important part.  Last week a coworker came in one morning and was frantic about a property dispute between he and his neighbor, who happens to be a lawyer.  My friend was trying to be amicable about it but neighbor was taking advantage.  One day neighbor came out and provoked him pretending like my friend had agreed to something he had not.  After a while my friend looked down a saw that he was being videotaped without his prior consent.  And now the neighbor was threatening to sue as well.  My friend was distraught about having this kind of relationship with next door neighbor not to mention legal fees, possible loss of property etc.  So we prayed together and he asked for God to give the neighbor a new heart.  He surrendered the problem to God and left feeling much better (in other words whatever happens is up to God, He was not going to concern himself with it anymore).  I believe it was the next day my friend came back in thanking God for his deliverance in this situation.  The neighbor came over and apologized for the whole thing and was moving his landscaping.  There is now peace between them as result of the Prince of Peace being trusted with his case.

 29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[f] 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[g]There is no commandment greater than these."
 32"Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."
 34When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from thekingdom of God.Mark 12

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you:Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you45that you may be sons of yourFather in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5

0 comments:

Post a Comment