*Black toes restored, Lowe's testimony (3.2.10)

10:44 AM Posted by Unknown

If you are reading this, please know my reasons for sending it…they are three-fold: 

First and foremost, to glorify (give a correct estimation of) God… to reveal the heart of our Father, which is to love His children and show Himself faithful and good.

To activate a like ‘deliverance’…when a testimony is given, it is often prophetic in nature and followed by a similar act of God, like a chain reaction.  ("The testimony of Christ is the spirit of prophecy" Rev) Some of you reading this may encounter something very similar soon, and you sharing this testimony of God’s provision will enable faith for someone to trust God in their own circumstances, or it may just make you more aware of how God wants to use you.  This is how Satan is overcome…by the blood of the Lamb and the word of OUR testimony.

To increase your confidence in Christ in you… the kingdom lies within and upon you.  It takes dominion where you set your foot, when you cooperate with Him.  The responsibility given to every believer who carries within them the Holy Spirit who raised Jesus from the dead is not a responsibility too great for you just as you are right now.  Be aware.  Be available.  You have a part, daily.

from my neighbor Maureen G....Tuesday, Mar 2

"My brother-in-law has been very ill.  About a week ago we got the call that everyone dreads.  His time had come.

He had surgery to correct a 100% blockage in both legs.  His toes had turned black.  The hope was that veins from his arms would restore enough circulation to his legs to save the legs.  If the surgery did not work, they would have to remove the legs above the knees.  He had made his choice not to live it the worst happened.  This choice would be easy--he just had to stop other treatments.

The circulation was not restored.  He was in intensive care.  The family advised that no live prolonging treatments would be accepted.  He would surely pass with in the week.

I asked my neighbor to pick up the mail and the papers.  She prayed for my brother-in-law to return to health.

About 2 hours later, I called the hospital to check on his condition.  They were moving him for ICU to a regular room.  The circulation had returned.

Larry is now doing fine. 

Could the prayer be the reason????

I shared this information with my neighbor, Amanda.  She shared some information about the power of God in healing.  I asked that she pray that some dental issues I have would be resolved.  She did.  Upon returning home, I had a message from the doctor's office that a suspected infection turned out to be clear.

The power of prayer?????"

Lowe’s parking lot divine appointment, Tuesday, March 2, 2010....

While on my way to get lunch with the kids (immediately after Maureen told me about Larry), I pulled over in the Lowe’s parking lot to talk to my mom and then Johnny on the phone.  I saw a man and a little boy walking away from McDonald’s, and the boy was wearing a man’s jacket.  A car stopped and they walked over for a bit and headed toward the parking lot where we were.  I noticed a beat up truck a few spaces over from us, and a woman was there turning around backwards watching them.  I figured this was the mother.  I noticed that her glasses were held together with scotch tape.  My heart lept because I knew this was a divine appointment, and divine appointments, you can be sure, you are equipped for.

I quickly got off the phone with Johnny, locked the kids in the car, and started toward them.  I asked if they needed any help.  The man, who I later learned was Charles, said “No, thank you.  The Lord just blessed us with some lunch money, so we’re just gonna head over to McDonald’s and eat a bite.”  I said, “Well, God sent me over here, too, so what do you need?”  He said that his truck had broken (would start but wouldn’t get past first gear, thought it was the transmission, and it was leaking fluid), that they lived in Freeport, and that they were just going to get a room until the truck could get fixed.  I said, “Well, God is good, and He’s about to meet all of your needs.  I don’t know how, but I’ve seen many miracles in the past couple of weeks, and I know He sent me to this parking lot and to you, so what else?  I see you need new glasses (to Yvonne).” 

Charles proceeded to tell me that he knew how good God is, that he spent 15 years in prison for being at the wrong place at the wrong time and that God had delivered him out of a lot.  He started to talk about ministering, but I can’t remember the specifics.  I could tell he was full of the word and loved the Lord… saying that he was not ashamed of where he’d been, that he gloried in those just like John (corrected himself and said Paul).  Now I can tell when a person tries spiritual talk in order to get something because they know you’re a Christian.   This was not the case.  These people were already overwhelmed by God’s goodness, and I hadn’t given them a thing physically.  In fact, I looked like I had nothing!  I was in dirty sweat pants, no makeup, and hadn’t washed my hair in two days!  There certainly were no expectations based on sight!

 He said he was a painter and that he and his wife had almost the same prescription so they shared the glasses.  He used them to drive, and she used them the rest of the time.  I asked if they had any sickness in their bodies.  He said he had heart (something), diabetes, and I think knee problems.  So I said, “Well, I’m just gonna start praying, and let’s see what God is gonna do.”  So I went down the list and even laid hands on the truck (which is what I do when I hear funny sounds on my own car!)  The moment I began praying, I just asked the Holy Spirit to come and do what only He could do, and immediately I could sense His Presence.  I remember specifically being led to pray for a platform for him to minister in… he loved talking about how good God had been to them and just about the greatest of God and Jesus.  As I was praying, he began praying in the Spirit, and she just kept saying “Yes, thank You Lord.”  By this time the power of God was so strong in my body, especially my arms, that I just wanted to stay right there in that place and let Him do whatever it was He was doing.  I had no more words, so we just praised Him there for a while. 

These people were already overwhelmed by God’s goodness toward them, but I knew He wasn’t done.  You see, we had been on a trip a week and a half earlier, and had left some cash on the island to reimburse my parents for gas, missed work, etc, and they had not taken it (of course), so it had remained in the kitchen.  The woman who cleans my house was coming, so I put the money away (not because she would steal it, but because I just didn’t want it sitting out).  I didn’t want to put it in my wallet because I didn’t like carrying that much cash, so I just kept it folded to keep it separate from what was already in there.  I was going to do something else with it later.  As we left the house to get lunch that day, I knew in the back of my mind that God had intentions for that money and that there was a reason I’d just done something with it that I wouldn’t normally do.  At the time, I just sat on that thought.  Now, back to Lowe’s…it had occurred to me at the first glimpse of the father and son that the money could have been for them, and after meeting them, I knew it and was so excited to get to give it to them!  So I told them the story as to why I had the money so that they would know that it was God giving it to them, not me.  I went to my car, got the money (still nicely folded and easy to grab), and turned around to see Charles kneeling there in the parking lot, weeping and praising God.  This was almost too much for me.  I was so amazed. 

I handed the money to Yvonne, and we exchanged phone numbers because I told Charles that I wanted to hear everything that the Holy Spirit does after this encounter.  I can’t wait for that phone call! 
So we proceed to the first of the three fast food places we needed to hit (no comment).  In the drive-thru line at McD’s, I watched as Charles came out of the restaurant, walked to his truck (occasionally rubbing his head), got in and drove past me through the McD’s parking lot.  I didn’t see where he was going, but I figured he was testing his truck to see if it would go past first gear.  That’s what I would have done! 

To be continued……..:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment