Healing and Communion, Johnny's allergy testimony (4.13.10)

10:00 AM Posted by Unknown


Jesus said that when we take Communion, or The Lord's Supper, we are to recognize His blood AND His body.  His blood was shed for the remission of our sins, and it was by the stripes on His body that we were healed.  Paul said that many are sick among us or have even died because we've failed to discern the body.  We are to examine whether or not we are in the faith...when we drink the cup, we remember that our sins are forgiven because of Jesus's blood, but when we eat the bread...we often lump it in with the cup, don't we?  But there's a reason we take the cup AND the bread...because in taking the bread we remember our healing by His stripes.  The original passover was a picture of the same...the Israelites stood behind the blood of the lamb, which kept the death angel away from their home, and they were to eat the body of the lamb before they left.  And it is recorded that no feeble one was found among them.  There were 2 to 3 million of them...and not one was sick or feeble!  Jesus did that for us, and we are to recognize it when we take communion.  If we don't recognize Christ's forgiveness and healing, then it's just wine and bread, and we drink and eat judgment and sickness and even death on ourselves by not partaking of Him!  This doesn't mean He condemns us or makes us sick...that goes against the new covenant and the heart of the Father that Jesus displayed in His ministry on earth, but it does mean that if we don't take what was given, then what's in place is just going to take its natural course, whether that's sin or sickness.  

In our home, we take communion almost daily, and sometimes we take it like medicine.  Below is a testimony of how that began and of the first healing that came from it...    

from Johnny - 
"I mentioned this to many people but I suppose many more have not heard.  I was watching Perry Stone once and he was talking about the healing that can come from taking the Lord’s Supper.   This is not our tradition but I took note anyway.  Sometime later Joseph Prince was preaching on the same thing.  Amanda and I expressed to each other that we would like to do that sometime.  I thought about partaking in it that night but Amanda was asleep and I was sleepy too.  I got in bed and cracked my bible to read a little before I went to sleep.  The first words I saw were “give us today our daily bread”.  I believed through this God was telling me to go take it.  So I got up and went into the kitchen and took the Lord’s supper.  Then I went to sleep.  I need to say that since I moved back to Houston in 2001, every fall I sneezed for two months straight.  It was like that old cartoon where the character begs people to kill him in between sneezes.  I did not pray for anything that night but just went to sleep.  The next morning I woke up and noticed my allergies were gone, and they are still gone.  This happened in fall 2008. 

Thank you, Jesus!  "3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godlinessthrough our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature..." 2 Peter 1

0 comments:

Post a Comment