Knees healed, nausea gone, Psalm 91 (4.16.10)

4:35 PM Posted by Unknown


In this update:  healing of nausea by receiving the Word, knee healed on a treasure hunt, knee healed at a healing service

Yesterday morning Cole woke up with his stomach hurting.  When he recognized it as nausea, he sat by the toilet saying 'just pray for me! quick! just pray now!'  Hassyn had thrown up the night before, but she said it was the carrots she ate that tasted funny (they did taste funny... I tried them.)  Now we thought it might be a virus, and God told Johnny to read Psalm 91 over him.  He used Cole's children's bible, and as he read, Cole felt better.  (And my faith shot through the roof hearing those words.)  Cole said that his stomach didn't feel bad anymore but that he was still hot and dizzy.  I also noticed that his face looked pale.  He laid on the cold tile while Johnny anointed him with oil and prayed.  In a few seconds he said that he wasn't hot anymore but that his face felt funny, which I knew because it still looked pale.  Johnny prayed again, and the color returned.  He said everything was normal except the back of his neck still felt hot.  I prayed and that last little bit left, too.  He and Hassyn were both completely normal from then on.  Thank You, Jesus!  Your Word is life!  

(Btw, on his way out the door that morning, Johnny said that he'd felt the day before that we should take the Lord's supper, but he didn't act on it... It's so important to act on His nudges!  We could have avoided all of this!  But as usual, God worked His good for us at whatever point we listened to Him.  And now we have another testimony to defeat the enemy with!)

Here's Psalm 91(NIrV), bold emphasis mine
 1 The person who rests in the shadow of the Most High God
      will be kept safe by the Mighty One.
 
2 I will say about the Lord,
      "He is my place of safety.
   He is like a fort to me.
      He is my God. I trust in him."
 
3 He will certainly save you from hidden traps
      and from deadly sickness.
 
4 He will cover you with his wings.
      Under the feathers of his wings you will find safety.
      He is faithful. He will keep you safe like a shield or a tower.
 
5 You won't have to be afraid of the terrors that come during the night.
      You won't have to fear the arrows that come at you during the day.
 
6 You won't have to be afraid of the sickness that attacks in the darkness. 
      You won't have to fear the plague that destroys at noon.
 
7 A thousand may fall dead at your side.
      Ten thousand may fall near your right hand.
      But no harm will come to you.
 
8 You will see with your own eyes
      how God punishes sinful people.
 
9 The Lord is the one who keeps you safe.
      So let the Most High God be like a home to you. 

 
10 Then no harm will come to you.
      No terrible plague will come near your tent. 

 
11 The Lord will command his angels
      to take good care of you.
 
12 They will lift you up in their hands.
      Then you won't trip over a stone.
 
13 You will walk all over lions and cobras.
      You will crush mighty lions and poisonous snakes.
 
14 The Lord says, "I will save the one who loves me.
      I will keep him safe, because he trusts in me.
 
15 He will call out to me, and I will answer him.
      I will be with him in times of trouble.
      I will save him and honor him.
 
16 I will give him a long and full life.
      I will save him."

Something similar happened to me over a year ago.  I had flu-like symptoms hit me out of the blue one morning.  Every sick symptom you can think of came within a few minutes of each other.  I knew it was wrong and immediately started 'covering the bases'...rebuking the sickness, asking God for healing, binding afflicting spirits, having Johnny pray for me, ...you name it...  I left for school white as a ghost (you know, more than usual:), and feeling like I could puke at any minute.  But we are to operate according to TRUTH (that I WAS healed by His stripes), not by sight (what I feel in my body), so I went to school with that in mind, knowing that I had functions to perform for the kingdom and was not going to let the enemy direct my day.   I kept thinking of the verse 'Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusts in Thee'; I knew it by heart but for some reason felt (ie, discerned the voice of the Holy Spirit) that I needed to actually read it.  So right before class I read it on BibleGateway.com in the amplified version which said, "You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You." Is 26:3  As soon as my eyes hit the words 'leans on You', every symptom vanished quicker than it appeared.  All that we glean from others' testimonies, from previous experience, and even from our knowledge of the word cannot replace the quickened word, that word that the Holy Spirit speaks afresh to you for your situation when you come to Him personally to receive it!  Never, like Israel, trade the Presence of God, even for His own principles!  Recall that Israel ended up with God's law, but Moses ended up with a face that reflected God's glory!  

Treasure hunt with the kids:  
My kids and I prayed for God to show us His 'treasure' yesterday, to give us clues on where to go and who needed to be ministered to.  We all wrote down the things He brought to our mind and drove around looking for someone who fit the clues.  We ended up at a couple's house in the next neighborhood, and we prayed for some personal things for them as well as for her knee.  They were amazed when, after prayer, I told her to check out her knee.  Praying in faith means expecting something to change!!  Indeed, her pain was leaving!  She was walking around her driveway, bending it and squatting and talking about what all she would be able to do now.   Praise God!  

Last night Johnny went to a healing service in Decker Prairie.  He'd re-injured his knee this week trying to beat the kids and me at a game of hide and seek, but a guy prayed for him and he was healed!  Praise the Lord!  A lot more happened at that service...maybe I can get him to write up a few more things...

HE IS FAITHFUL!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment